The air conditioner smells strange ... What can I do? *Cleaning service experience story*

When I switch on the air conditioner for the first time in a long time, it smells strange ... "

Is there something like this? Now that the heat and cold are severe, air conditioners are becoming a necessity. The odor of the air conditioner that occurs during such daily use should be resolved as soon as possible.

Therefore, this time, I will introduce the reason why the air conditioner smells strange and how to deal with it. If you are concerned about the smell of the air conditioner, please refer to it.

What causes the strange smell from the air conditioner?

Have you ever had an unpleasant odor like a rag or sour when you turned on the air conditioner? What exactly does this smell come from?

One of the main causes is dirt inside the air conditioner, such as mold and dirt on the filter. Dirt in the air in the room and moisture in the air conditioner can cause mold.

In addition, dirt on the air in the room itself can cause odors. Since the air conditioner regulates the temperature of the entire room by moving the air in and out of the room, it inhales various living odors such as dust, evaporated sweat, and the smell of smokers and pets, if any. As a result, they mix and give off an unpleasant odor.

What to do and prevent when the air conditioner is dirty

So what exactly should I do? Cleaning the air conditioner has some parts that can only be removed by a professional, and forcibly cleaning it may cause a malfunction. Asking a professional is one of the options for thorough cleaning.

Before that, here is a brief introduction to cleaning methods that you can do yourself.

Cleaning the filter

First, let's clean the air conditioner filter. You can remove the filter by removing the cover of the air conditioner. First, use a vacuum cleaner to remove the dust on the filter. After that, if it is very dirty, wash it with water. At this time, a hard scrubbing brush will damage the filter, so use a soft toothbrush. Let's dry it properly at the end. If water droplets remain, there is a risk of malfunction or fire. However, if you dry it in the sun or try to dry it with a dryer or stove, the filter may be deformed, so let's dry it in the shade.

Cleaning the outlet (louver)

You can also clean the part called the air conditioner outlet (louver) by yourself. For your safety, be sure to unplug the power before cleaning. Open the louver by hand and wipe it with a towel soaked in a diluted neutral detergent. At the end, blow air to dry it.

Prevention of odors during frequent use

It is also important to take preventive measures to prevent the generation of odors. In midsummer and midwinter, some people may not be able to open the windows with the air conditioner on. However, regular ventilation helps prevent odors for air conditioners that move by inhaling indoor air. Be sure to open the windows regularly.

Suppress the growth of mold by blowing air

Blower operation is effective. If you blow air for about an hour before turning off the air conditioner, you can dry the moisture inside and suppress the growth of mold. Even when the air conditioner is not used, it is possible to prevent dust from accumulating by blowing air once a month for about an hour. In the case of blast operation, the electricity bill is less than 1 yen, so I think it can be done easily.

Regular cleaning is important! Voices of Bears Air Conditioner Cleaning Service Users

Regular cleaning is important to eliminate the odor from the air conditioner. However, the air conditioner is installed in a high place in the room and it is difficult to clean it, and it is troublesome and tends to be postponed. If you force it, it may lead to a breakdown, so it is one way to ask a professional, but you are wondering what kind of service it is.

So, I asked Mr. H, who requested the Bears air conditioner cleaning service.

-Why did you decide to request an air conditioner cleaning service?

Children have come to say, "It's itchy when using the air conditioner." But at first, is it really the air conditioner? It was like that. I knew that if there was dust in the room, it would suck it in and the air conditioner would get dirty, but since we have a regular house cleaning service, it shouldn't be that dirty. ,When. However, I felt sorry for my child because his eyes were crisp, so I decided to ask a professional.

-Did you check the dirtiness yourself before requesting the service?

No, I didn't. It's in a high place, and I'm scared if I break it. When I actually got into the service, I also saw the filter, but I was surprised that it was packed with dust (laugh) My air conditioner has a cleaning robot, but it is working well It didn't seem to be there, and it was very dirty.

-Even if the cleaning robot is attached, it will accumulate dirty.

After the air conditioner was running, Vienna moved and the cleaning lamp flashed, so I was completely convinced that it was cleaning properly. However, in reality, it seems that the robot couldn't move because of too much dust, and it wasn't clean. Actually, it seems that the blinking lamp is an error lamp, but you don't notice that much (laughs).

-Even if it has an automatic cleaning function, you should do regular cleaning.

I think so! I'm ashamed to say that I've never cleaned it myself ... I used to live in a rented house, but if I rented it, I might move in a year or two. That's why I didn't think I would clean it myself. However, it makes me chill when I think that I'm inhaling dust and mold without knowing it.

-How long did the cleaning take?

If the air conditioner has a cleaning robot, it seems that it takes time to assemble it, and in the case of my house it took about 4 to 5 hours. I'm glad that there was no problem with the cleaning itself even if the cleaning robot was attached.

The surroundings such as the walls were well cured, and the small parts were carried to the bathroom for cleaning! Even the parts that cannot be removed were cleaned on the spot using various tools.

-Did you request the air conditioner cleaning when you were at home?

I was working remotely that day, so I asked him to do it when I was at home. But I was there only at the beginning and the end, and while I was working, I was working in a different room, so I wasn't stuck all the time.

-This time, you said that your child requested the service, but should you be careful that you are in a family with your child?

I agree. It may be better to be careful in families with children, including ours. Children haven't grown up yet, so if you inhale mold or something, you may endanger your health, and if your child has asthma, inhaling dust can make it worse. It may be.

-Did the condition of the air conditioner change after the service?

The air volume has changed tremendously! The speed at which the room warms up is completely different ... Until now, it seems that only about half of the wind was coming out (laughs) That should be the case, if it was so dirty. I didn't say that my child was restless legs syndrome, so I wondered if the air conditioner was the cause.

There seems to be a way to clean the air conditioner by myself, but I have decided to ask a contractor to clean the air conditioner. It's difficult to clean because it's high, and I'm afraid if I do it myself and it breaks down. After all, if you ask a professional, the cleanliness is completely different. I will continue to ask for air conditioner cleaning service on a regular basis!

Post a Comment

If you have any doubt. Please let me know

Previous Post Next Post